Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:09 WyldKat

Canceled mine a couple of days ago or I'd be seeing red. The leveling experience was fun although I solo'd through 95% of it and muted TeamSpeak pretty much all the time. This made the game feel like a single player game with MMO elements tacked on. When I got to 50 and saw end-game PVP, Hard modes, and Ops it really hit just how tacked on the MMO elements were.

Due to various issues, such as all bosses having a 1-2 minute enrage timer instead of interesting/new mechanics and the ability delay making melee totally unfun and bad to play I just wasn't having fun anymore. I loaded up Rift whom I still have a sub with and played some of it while taking a break from SWTOR and it hit me how much better of a game it was from a pure gameplay/end-game standpoint. I couldn't justify paying for Bioware's beta at that point.

Perhaps Rift spoiled me, because it actually launched with working, and fun end-game and bugs were quickly patched out, not left to fester until the one-month mark or longer in the case of issues such as ability delay or horrible battleground FPS.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo