Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: A Game of Dwarves Revealed Jan 19, 2012, 12:03 Minuit

Quboid wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 11:18:
I may have to read the books. Damn you TV, you're supposed to be putting a stop to that!

Even with ten hours of screen time and the original author writing the screenplay, there was a _lot_ that was cut out of AGoT. Most of the important plot and character elements are up there but you're still only getting the Good Parts Version of the story.

The Queen insisted on travelling to Winterfell in the biggest, slowest wheelhouse she could find, stretching the trip out longer than necessary. It's mentioned several times in the book, but is used as little more than scenery in the film.

There are detailed maps of Westeros in each of the books, but no map of Essos existed until A Dance With Dragons. You can find copies of them online if you look around. If you're impatient, the Dothraki Sea is about as big as all of Westeros and Vaes Dothrak is right in the middle of it so Danaerys is far, far, far away from home. It's quite surprising that the King is able to get any news at all about her, isn't it?

As for the spoilery bits yes, a lot of time was cut out of her story. Most of it involved just riding around on horses with her idiot brother, so you're not missing anything critical, but the book tells a lot more.

I'm afraid you may have no choice but to read it now.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo