Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 19, 2012, 09:43 Stormsinger

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 05:43:
Stormsinger wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 21:06:
Personally I couldn't care less about PvP issues...it's just not my cup of tea.

What gets to me is that this is now the second update I've had to get, and the second time I get an "Error in update" message, which forces a repair that means effectively downloading the entire app again...all 5+ GB of it. Two for two isn't very impressive.

I haven't had any issues updating - even on multiple computers. Which AV do you use? Have you tried disabling it in advance?

I'm using Avast, and no, I didn't disable it in advance. Why would I after only one error? Next time I -might- consider it, but damned if I can figure out why TOR would be the only downloader affected.

The real issue with it isn't even that it had an error. It's that "repair" apparently means download everything from scratch. That's just stupid and lazy on the part of the author(s) of the launcher.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo