Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 14:40 Alamar

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 14:32:
something I can get done 5-10 mins at a time

I think that's my gripe with them, along with being on rails in general. I'll start one and play for a few minutes before thinking "are we done yet????".

They could have at least done like StarFox and Ace Combat where you had full control in an open area and when you reached the edge, you ship turned around automatically. That at least would have been more interesting...

Ya... the lack of control is one of the biggest complaints... Peeps want a 'real' space sim shooter, but as you know, that's an entire genre all it's own. So they had the choice of adding a 'carnival game' version and get the game out, or put a lot more work into it, to please a small subset of MMO players (that also like space sims).

bhcompy wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 13:24:
More like in short MMOs are too easy. Need to go back to the EQ days. You'd be level 15 by now. Maybe

Do you, or any of the people that lament the good ol days of EQ, really want it back?

EQ wasn't slow to level because of any positive reason, like large amounts of varied content, or interesting stories to pursue... It was slow because they wanted people to spend more time p(l)aying...

I know there are some people that prefer it, but I can't stand the 'grind a spot' style of 'play' which EQ was initially based on... Sure, I played MUDs 'back in the day', and I even liked it about Final Fantasy I, but perhaps because I grew up, or more likely that my tastes just changed (and more options became available), I can't play grind games any more...

Sad true story... I bought the Final Fantasy online (XI?) game, played it for like an hour, and chucked it... It took me that long to see that the game was 'pure' grind, and that I would hate it... I'm glad I got to play some EQ in beta, so at least I saved $50 way back then ; )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo