Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 14:11 necrosis

Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.
God I love EA's horse shit. Connect to your customers? You mean control your customers. EA, YOUR terms of service are the restrictive one. Pot calling the kettle black anyone?

You demand that all patches and DLC run through YOUR service. How is that not restrictive? Steam says if you release patches and DLC it must be available to all. It allows the customer to chose where they get their DLC from and makes it easier for installing.

O well. Guess I am skipping ME3. Even if it was on Steam if it required Origin I would tell them to sod off.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo