Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Steam Group Seeks Communication Jan 12, 2012, 08:25 Tim

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 08:03:
Kastagir wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 02:39:
I met Gabe Newell back in 1998. He was half the man he is now.

If this group has 6000 signatures, that won't be meaningless, especially if they get press. I'll enjoy seeing Valve get scrutinized for their response. They've been given a free pass for far too long in my opinion.

Aside from your stupid fat joke your post is idiotic. "Given a free pass?" By whom? People whine about HL constantly. Constantly.

And do you know why Valve says nothing? Well, according to Dev it's because they're too busy making Left4DeadVille, but Dev is wearing some tinfoil hats. Like, several of them.
They don't say anything because it's a lose-lose situation. If they say something, then they get delayed, or they discuss a feature that gets cut (Mr. Friendly?), they get a huge fan backlash. Suddenly everything they do is under a microscope. And even if they just say "we're working on it" then they get a billion questions about it (right now the question is just a standard "where is it" which is by now done more out of obligation.) And if they say anything at all now people will bitch about them "hyping" their game, a pathetically vague term.

Valve doesn't announce games until they're close to shipping. Ever since the TF2 debacle and the HL2 fiasco they've done it this way. They typically ship 4-6 months after announcement. Want HL3 announced? Wait until 6 months before it's in your hands.

This, this and this. Damned either way!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo