Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 03:48 Arithon

MuzixMon wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 21:12:
After Rage and the abomination that it turned out to be I lost much respect for id. The shoddy PC port for the once mighty PC developer was a insult to their core audience and the damage they did their reputation is devastating.

Totally agree - I didn't buy RAGE because it was a console port, but my son did and he regretted it. The game was unplayable when installed.

ID should have stuck to PC development and licensed the consolisation of their titles to others, instead they applied the "jack of all trades" approach and made shoddy sh#t for every platform.

It's a sad day for ID software, but inevitable with their current development direction. They've gone from leading developer on the foremost platform, to just another B- developer in world of "crank 'em out for every platform" companies.

Sell your shares quick.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo