Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights Jan 10, 2012, 08:52 Parallax Abstraction

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 00:15:
Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 23:55:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 22:59:
Dude, I'll white night any damn company that supports the modding community the way Bethesda does.

Never understood all the hate these guys get from some folks.

^D^

Enh, not so much. It's not like Bethsoft does this because they're pro-mod so much as they're cheap and it's much easier to get PC gamers to fix their PC games for them.

Yeah because they really need to even include mod tools at all. Isn't there some GW2 fansite that's missing you right now?

They continue to include mod tools because every game since Oblivion has been using the same 2006 edition of Gamebryo (despite the damned lie Todd Howard repeatedly told of Skyrim being an "all new in-house engine") and it's trivial for them to release them. And as others said, this allows them to release afterthought PC ports with the same horrible UI because they know modders will fix it for them. I guarantee you, when the next generation of consoles finally forces them to start using a current engine, they'll probably forgo mod tools on the PC, or they'll release ones that are watered down in comparison.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo