Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Steam Soars Jan 4, 2012, 14:29 Verno

Fion wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 13:48:
Skyrim may be considered a little dumbed down from Oblivion, but most of those things that gave Oblivion a hint of complexity where really idiotic ideas in the first place. The chat 'wheel' to improve standing? Who's idiotic idea was that?

So yea, Skyrim may have been dumbed down a bit, but it is still 10x the game Oblivion was. As much time as I spent in that game I spent every second going 'WHY IS THIS GAME SO FUCKIN GENERIC?!?!'. Mods helped but nothing could take away the fact that 95% of that game was the same content over and over again set in the most boring fantasy world I've ever seen.

Fair points. The actual dungeon diving in Skyrim is certainly worlds better but the quality of the themed quests in Oblivion was excellent. Shivering Isles had some really cool stuff as well. Most of peoples complaints about Oblivion are spot on and Skyrim is a massive improvement in most areas. I just think that they got rushed on quest design and it shows, they're inconsistent and many were over far too quickly.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo