Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

69. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 4, 2012, 09:02 briktal

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 17:18:
I think something alot of people who either didn't spend time on the old Bioboards or BW social site fail to realize is Bioware has been moving in this direction long before the EA buy out.

It's easy to blame EA as the big bad evil huge publisher but really it's been obvious to me for about the past 5 years or so that BW hasn't wanted to make RPG's for a long time now. They want to make the same cinematic story with minor setting changes (ME, DA, Kotor/Tor) with illusion of player choice (some titles more obvious than others at the lack of said player choice, DA2 comes instantly to mind) blow a wad on marketing and hype and expect to sell 5 million copies every game.

I mean does anyone really wonder why some of their oldest employee's have been jumping ship over the last few years, while the ones who remain, The Gaiders or Priestlys just become more and more snarky towards their very own fanbase? Seriously?

Kinda related to that, the last two games they released before EA (three if you also count Mass Effect since I think that sort of decision would've been made before EA bought them) were released on console first, with Jade Empire not getting a PC version for a couple years.

Also I guess most of the discussion of these bans/the announcement of them (though the previous article mentions it) hasn't been very clear that apparently the reason for the bans is that players, either through alts, friends, or agreements with players on the other faction, were constantly flipping a world pvp zone, which causes the chests to respawn.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo