Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 19:20 Deathbishop

The article was funny but there is truth in it. I didn't buy anything with the purpose of trying to get an achievement (in fact, two I bought that had achievements, SPAZ and Dungeon Defenders, i haven't even played yet), but I did subject myself to games I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise (rusty hearts, crimecraft) to get the achievements. After awhile I figured out I was more than likely not going to get anything of value.

Where the guy in the article went wrong was he should of saved his coal instead of crafted and then traded them for something. Coal, especially in the first week of the sale, had a decent trade value and people were getting stuff like Risen for 12-14 coal, which the OP could have got with patience and time on the Steam Forums (or even Reddit). That's what I did and wound up with Amnesia and Sequence via trades.

It does suck that so many tried to game the system though. I guess some of that was out of Valve's control, since they couldn't have anticipated that humble bundle would be gamed to get steam keys and thus, extra accounts. Perhaps next time keep the contests limited to only those with a steam purchase in their libarary.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo