Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. Re: Op Ed Jan 1, 2012, 21:27 Veterator

space captain wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 11:59:
Veterator wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 02:52:
Yes you are right, no one should ever do anything to correct the cases of abuse. It's the path to ruin. Ignoring it makes it much better.

Domestic abuse? Police should beat the wife some more, because the husband obviously knows something we don't know...if he wasn't beating her she might become a female hitler.

Pedophilia? Those children asked for it, you don't know it's speculation to assume they didn't.

Animal abuse? Those dogs were probably going to bite someone someday, so better to make them live in their own filth and fight for our amusement.

The people who stop these things are not "good guys", and it's obviously not what the world needs.....space captain has told you. So fuck it.

oh yeh, what was i thinking?? this "PAX vs PR dept" shit is exactly like domestic abuse and pedophilia!

your absolutist stance is only an inability to comprehend reality, not some kind of "discerning wisdom".. that takes something you aint got

Ignoring abuse is ignoring abuse. Once you stop ignoring it, then you fit the punishment to the crime.

This guy hasn't been jailed for his abuse, but lost his job (as Im sure is commonplace when someone fails to perform their job to satisfaction of the employer/business partner) and had some public humiliation (which I don't think he quite considers humiliation but advertising). He may end up jailed for blackmail and holding digital property from it's rightful owners, but that's just another poor decision on his part.

The rest of it was sarcasm on the speculation. And blindly ignoring his history of abusing other customers, which he backpedaled on when brought to the public's attention. His decisions were his own, and if he hadn't acted as such there would be nothing to cause public outrage. Bottom line is, he didn't learn from his mistakes in past..continued to repeat them and I still don't think he's learned.

Arguing that it's commonplace in the business world doesn't magically make it right...if you want to get into inability to comprehend reality and "discerning wisdom". For that matter, sexual harassment was commonplace in the business world, and they have laws governing it now. Does that mean sexual harassment was OK since it was technically legal in the past?

And before we go through the apples and oranges argument. Sexual harassment can be JUST words, much like berating a customer through email is JUST words. You should show me some skin, and you know your boss will take my word over yours because I know the CEO of the company, the mayor of Boston, the Yellow Power Ranger, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mike Krahulik.

Funny video parodying this for whomever may care: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqV9kx40RG0

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo