Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Tech Bits Jan 1, 2012, 05:33 killer_roach

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 19:30:
you will after your tv breaks at the designed point of obsoletion. ppl are already using 2560x1600, or in the case of having 3 monitors 5760x1200. i know you like meat and potatoes, but alot of ppl like change for the better and not just "what was good for muh pah is good fer me and everyone else" mentality. get some glasses jebidiah 1080p is bunk if you sit close enough your screen is mimicking an actual theatre aspect ratio, and relative viewing size.

[url=]http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html[/url]

That being said, a lot of back-catalog films only have 2K digital transfers... it's mostly new films and a small cross-section of classic titles that have 4K digital transfers available. There's a large amount of the corpus of cinema that will never take advantage of any resolution much greater than 1080p.

Of course, having 4K sets in the wild will force digital cinema to step their game up... but that's a different case entirely.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo