Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Dragon Age Games @ Amazon Dec 24, 2011, 16:20 hb3d

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 15:07:
A more important question is: Will it require Origins if you get it through Amazon?
Not to download the game at least. But all of EA's games which have some type of online component require an EA online account, and EA consolidated its online accounts with Origin. That includes EA games purchased on Steam. Your EA login is now an Origin login too. I have never used the Origin client software myself, but back at the end of July of this year I got emails from EA for my EA online accounts that said they were now converted to Origin, i.e. "The name of your EA account has changed. Going forward, your EA account will be called an Origin™ account. Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account."

Battlefield 3 and the Old Republic MMO are the only two EA games I know which require the Origin client regardless of where the games are purchased, but when you now login to an EA account in any EA game, it is the same account that the Origin client uses.

If your objection to Origin is just to the client software, then you don't have to worry about being forced to use it if you get Dragon Age 2 from Amazon. But, if your objection to Origin is that you don't want EA to have your personal or game information in Origin, well there is no way around that if you have to login to access or activate a feature in an EA game.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2011, 01:23.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo