Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling Dec 24, 2011, 09:59 Numinar

Hello! The original Syndicate was the first game I ever convinced my dad to shell out $80 to. It was awesome on Amiga, and even better on PC-CD (I think it only took up 10 meg on the disc... but still, CD!).

I still have not purchased L4D2. Valve screwed us by releasing the lame-version here... EA did the right thing here. it's better to just not release. Puts more pressure on the industry/people with money to lobby for change.

And the aesthetic needs to be severe. It was in the original. Some imagination was required but the theme and world were well realised as brutal and soullessly uncaring. It's a pretty big leap from 80 pixels to HD-stylised realism and the trailer nailed it! I just hope the 4 player co-op has more of that small team in a sprawling cityscape feeling of the original, because those single player movies don't have that. That's wishful thinking though and it will probably just be more wanky corridor shooting.

As for Aussies being racist, that is true of many of us yet I've seen far worse from Englishmen and American gentlemen. Excuse me I meant yanks and poms. I've met far less of them than I have my fellow Australians so that's pretty solid science right there. Egalitarianism is native to these lands despite the terrors of history and prejudice so I think you lot can give us a break hey?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo