Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 14:42 Graham

Yewkon wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:52:
Graham wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:42:
So you're kiting the boss while your pocket healer is keeping you alive?

Sounds like a valid MMO mechanic to me. I seem to recall Grobbulus has a similar mechanic: run backwards in a circle until he's dead (he can't poison bomb the tank, so the mechanics are identical...).

Essentially: STOP WHINING.

Not really a pocket healer as it was the NPC companion that heals you every now and then. I only got the big robot boss stuck on the boxes. I think the others I had to run around in a circle while shooting them. I supposed you can consider it a valid tactic, if the Grobbulus person you're talking about was supposed to be solo-able. I don't think these Flashpoints are supposed to be solo-able.

So you don't really know that much about the game then? Flashpoints can be soloed; as you add more people into the group the content gets harder to compensate.

The mechanic you've described is called kiting, and it's how some combat in MMOs work. It sounds like the problem here is the player, not the game.

I'd suggest you uninstall and donate your account to someone who's going to enjoy it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo