Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Support Coming Dec 7, 2011, 21:23 jimnms

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 20:44:
1.3 screwed up my game even more. I crash a lot more often now. Also, map markers are totally screwed up. I have a misc quest map marker set to Riften, and then I went into a fort that was on the way. When I came out, the map marker showed I had to enter another door in the fort, which I did, and then it directed to me to another exit, at which point the map marker reset to Riften. I had NO quests in the fort. LAME!! I'm crashing about every 10 minutes now. As far as I'm concerned this game is unplayable.

I haven't had Skyrim crash yet while playing, and I played for about 10 hours straight the first day. My biggest problem/complaint is that when using custom key setup, the interface still tells you to press the default keys when instead you need to press the key you remapped the default key's action to. I fixed that with this mod that forces the interface to recognize the key it tells you to press no matter what you've remapped the keys to.

Also probably related to the key mapping problem is that if you don't use the default key for the Steam Overlay (shift-tab), the overlay doesn't work. I still see overlay popups when I unlock an achievement or get a message from a friend. I have to alt-tab out of the game to reply when I get a message. The only time the game has ever crashed was after alt-tabbing out after a few dozen times to reply to friends sending me messages.

I haven't played yet since it patched to 1.3 though, but I will here shortly.

I haven't seen the problem you describe with quest markers in Skyrim, but I saw it in FNV a lot. The path drawn on the map would have me go in the front door of a random house in the middle of nowhere and come out the back door rather than just walking straight to where I needed to go. Switching the active quest to a different one and back would update the path, so try toggling the quest off and back on if it does it again. I also turn off floating markers and rely on myself to navigate rather than following the quest marker on screen.

MeanJim on Steam

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo