Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 12:25 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 12:10:
LittleMe wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 10:48:
I'm enjoying the game just fine without VOIP. Since the game doesn't encourage deep squad teamplay, I don't think expanding VOIP functionality is all too necessary. Talking with friends is a different story and Battlelog allows that. Check out this vid where voip with friends does enhance the gameplay wonderfully.

I disagree, working with the higher unlocks in public play begs for VoIP. Trying to coordinate SOFLAM/Guided Shell/Javelin usage is a nightmare without VoIP. I play with friends most of the time but our schedules are all different so it isnt something you can rely on. Squad level VoIP solves the annoying "team based" voip that other games like CS have that people dislike while still allowing for teamwork objective completion efforts.

They really need to put VoIP in this game, there are a lot of newer players who don't know what is going on and it would be a big boon in that respect alone. Things just happen way too fast in the game to not have this kind of functionality. In the time it takes me to type out a warning about a threat from a specific direction while in a tank we could already be dead. Likewise typing out "HEY CITV DUDE, PLZ TARGET CHOPPER INSTEAD OF MAV THX" means we already ate a rocket barrage.

I see.. Good points.

I'm thinking if they implemented a 'hardcore squadplay mode' with improved the squad spawn with things like enforced squad functions (pilot squad for jets, armor squad for armor, etc), squad leader enforced kits, more squad leader orders, then it would be a foregone conclusion but IMO the main gameplay is for the most part a bunch of solo players running around leveling up. It's fun though.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo