Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 2, 2011, 08:59 Verno

Brink overpromised and underdelivered in every conceivable way. Nothing lived up to the staged trailers, dev blogs and community interaction from Splash. The smart system ended up being a glorified gimmick that had no real impact on gameplay. The game itself had serious technical problems both related to stability and performance. The game featured an incredibly obtuse attachment system, largely meaningless character customization and a frankly bizarre SP/MP format. If all that wasn't bad enough it had very flawed team objective gameplay, marred heavily by poor map design which was previously a Splash Damage strength. They ended doing jack and shit to support it which was the icing on the turd cake.

I can't think of a game that disappointed me as much as Brink did in the past few years. Ok wait, Dragon Age 2. Not exactly the kind of company you want to be associated with

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo