Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 17:54 LittleMe

eunichron wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 17:46:
Then there seems to be a disconnect in GPU design and game coding then, because it is pretty ridiculous that new drivers are required for individual game releases. It calls into question why there are even standardized APIs if none of them work on the hardware that supposedly meets, and supports, those standards.

I completely agree. It's a very inconvenient thing to do. I'm not sure it's ATI's or nV's fault. It might be the DirectX driver/API model that is to blame. In other words, it could be Microsoft's fault due to poor design of DirectX.

When both ATI and nVidia are having these problems, I tend to think it's not entirely their fault for this situation. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of gamers who avoid PC gaming for this one issue.

I also think it's too easy to blame ATI for these problems. It looks to me like they are trying to keep people happy with new drivers. Hopefully one day we can ditch this constant driver updating.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo