Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Dead Island German Ban Nov 30, 2011, 20:52 Towyn

Lobster wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 08:46:
Germany doesn't even allow blood. TF2 is full of robots. How could this POSSIBLY be unexpected?

Germany actually has no problem with blood, games like Rage are released uncensored, some companies (like Valve) decide to censor games to avoid having to check for the age of users. If a game is rated 16+ or lower no one needs to check your age, for 18+ games they do. So to avoid having people send in their ID Valve censored the game...

You can easily buy uncensored games, being 18+, in every good shop, even Gamestop offers EU imports. It is simply easier for the companies to censor and be allowed to sell without proof of age than to do that.

Saints Row: The Third is a good example for the censorship in Germany, and how far the company went to be allowed to sell it as it is... In SR3 only a few minor things were censored. All gore, all weapons and all missions are untouched. But if you harm civilians the cops will get active faster, you can't rob them, have no achievements for killing civilians (furries) and you can't use civilians as human shield, only enemies. While all the blood and story is unharmed.

I am not supporting censorship (and I imported my SR3 from the UK), but it also isn't quite as bad anymore. That is why Dead Island is very... very surprising.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo