Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

172. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 28, 2011, 14:17 ^Drag0n^

Teddy wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 07:59:
And as a gamer, you should know full well that what an attorney 'thinks' is completely irrelevant to the law. Ask Jack Thompson about that one. He was grandstanding and spouting the exact words his clients wanted him to, nothing more and not even close to a comment that in any way shape or form defines the law. Hell, Jack Thompson called video games 'Murder Simulators', he was an attorney at the time, I guess it must be true right?

Jack Thompson in not an US Attorney; he does not prosecute on behalf of the people as a member of the Executive branch of the Federal Government. Again, you are missing my point. What I was saying was that there is a clear message that the US Attorney's Office is sending in terms of what said office intends to prosecute, and how they view the crime. A low level US Attorney can't make statements like that without the Administration endorsing the opinion.

Look, you can call me whatever names you want, but that's not going to change the the fact that the Feds are leaning in that direction, and are trying to push legislation where it does not match that definition. And the lobbyists for the artists, publishers, and unions that represent these people are backing those that feel that way too. The law isn't absolute, it is a work-in-progress. It can, and will, change should circumstances dictate such. Were it not as such, there would have been no laws past the Bill of Rights and the Constitution as written by the founding fathers; owning slaves would still be legal, women wouldn't be voting, and Congress would still be deciding whom should be President.

The LAW says that Piracy, be it music, video or software IS NOT THEFT.

Please show me that. Seriously. I really want to see it in the CFR.

You're welcome to ignore the personal attacks, I throw them in because you've earned them. Particularly by being such a complete and utter hypocrite. You accuse me of not bothering to read everything when you conveniently skip over the parts of everyone's posts where they explain IN DETAIL that they're well aware that piracy is wrong and illegal, yet you still accuse them of trying to rationalize or justify because they don't agree with your idiotic, incorrect (and completely proven so) definition of piracy.

Now just a damn minute; show me where I'm "ignoring" anything. I've not only read the previous posts, but I've acknowledged flaws that Verno and others have pointed out in what I said, and corrected, rethought, or clarrified my position as appropriate. My belief that the Executive Branch Federal Government sees piracy as Theft of Intellectual Property, and is moving to prosecute it as such through through the injection of juricprudence via "legeslation from the bench," (be that practice right or wrong) is my opinion. Your belief that Piracy is not theft is your opinion which I happen to disagree with. I happen to think that tangible property does not have to be involved for there to have been theft, ID theft being the most notable example thereof. I am not calling anyone an idiot. I am not the one trouncing around calling other forum members retards and telling them their niece and/or her teachers is/are stupid. And, on top of all this, you have managed to ignore the forest through the trees which is: My position on how the industry should deal with piracy (regardless of whether or what type of crime it may be) is that the publishers should just quit whining, chalk it up to reality, and either deal with it by adapting their business model and making quality product that makes the risk of using pirated games completely unappealing, or just stop making PC games altogether and leave it up to people that want to invest properly in the PC platform.

God, talk about missing the point.

Now, I'm pretty sure you're the type that wants to get in one last shot at me. Feel free. As far as I'm concerned this discorse is over, and I'll waste no more time on it.

^D^

PS: For the record, I agree. Jack Thompson was nothing more than a media grabber.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo