Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

157. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 20:09 ^Drag0n^

WarpCrow wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 16:59:
You do realize that a US attorney is simply a high-ranking lawyer, right? A lawyer who, in this case, was prosecuting in a case of commercial piracy? Which is, incidentally, legally completely separate from small-scale piracy for personal, non-commercial use.

Yes. Point being remarks like the ones he delivered are an indication of how the AG views certain crimes, and what their legal position would be should they chose to attack individuals in the future.

My real point here is I don't think that one needs a judge to tell them what is right or wrong, you pretty much can figure that one out on soul searching.

I won't hide it; I am of the opinion that piracy does take something away from the people that created it, and I guess that comes from having been on both sides of that equation. Again, I believe perspectives on this get scewed when you're responsible for the welfare of individuals that make these games

That said, I also think that it's piss-poor marketing and PR to sit back and blame the PC for all of your companies woes; people have pirated, do pirate, and will continue to pirate games, music, and movies. The smarter companies will look at this, and rather than try to milk blood from a stone, will adopt their means and methods such that they not only do not alienate existing customers, but also make buying their products less of a hastle than dealing with the risks inherent in Pirate Bay and hacked copies off BT or hack sites.

IMO.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo