Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

140. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 13:31 Matshock

The vs. 90's thing is an apples-to-oranges comparison. Floppies & hard roms vs. online distribution.

Start by understanding what compartmentalizing distribution does to prices- i.e. Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo certification, Origin/Steam, etc.

What I'm seeing is console certification driving up prices and then publishers using that as an excuse to raise the SRPs for PC titles.

I'm also seeing prices stay higher, longer because digital distribution is eating into the used game market.

I'm worried that as publishers each develop their own DRM/distribution software that competition will be further eroded.

Publishers are learning to act like governments because they perceive that consumers are learning to do the same- rule making, "legitimized" theft, surveillance, etc.

Sucks to be us.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo