Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 25, 2011, 03:50 theyarecomingforyou

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 19:09:
I feel extremely sorry for anyone who seriously needs to go to a forum or resort to any other sort of help to mount an image file. The intelligence of a person who has trouble with the act of mounting an image file must be lower than that of a monkey.
And not sure what registry executables you are talking about. You may want to turn to quality warez where everything is pre-haXX0red like the Razor 1911 and RELOADED packages where it works just as I posted. Download - mount - play. Five mouse clicks or less if you only half know what you are doing.
That's only a fraction of the story. Many games have half functioning cracks, which need to be updated. Sometimes DRM means that you'll need to jump through hoops when mounting an image. When a patch is released you'll need to wait and then hope the game is popular enough for the patch to be cracked. And what happens when you format your computer? Yup, you have to do all that from scratch. And when you have 400+ games like me that is going to take you a LONG, LONG time - not to mention addition storage space, as you need to maintain the install image as well as the install.

If it weren't for Steam I may not have changed to legally purchasing my games but I'm glad I did.

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 19:09:
I don't condemn people for not wanting to pay full price. Read again what I wrote. I condemn the common practice of people who buy a game for $4.99 that they pirated at a time when it was new and selling for $49 everywhere. Then they act all heroic about their cheap purchase and consider themselves legit gamers. Bullshit. That's like raping a girl and then feeling like a gentleman when you help her wipe the cum off her face. Wow. What a hero you are. Not.
Oh, the irony. You're doing the very thing that we're complaining about in this topic - making shit up and making assumptions. I don't pirate games AT ALL. Sometimes I pre-order games I'm interested in, other times I wait for a sale. If it weren't for the sales then I would not have bought the majority of games I own. Therefore they're doing exactly what they set out to do. Do I claim to represent the entire gaming population? No. But I see my situation repeated everywhere I go, as a lot of people express the same sentiments.

The reality is that games on digital distribution mediums can continue to sell indefinitely. There is no shelf-space like at retail. A new game - like Sonic Generations, Skyrim or Deus Ex: Human Revolution - can stimulate the sales of the earlier games. And targeted sales can bring in huge amounts of revenue and expose games to a much larger audience, despite the reduced profit margin (which is still higher than retail). Steam has revolutionised gaming and I hope Valve and others can continue by taking it further.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo