Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2011, 12:00 MajorD

Enahs wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 11:22:
Dev wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 00:18:
About the candy/acid... that would be because the main ingredient in sour candy is citric acid, which is from citris fruits. So eating lemons is similar in acidity.

Also I found something at a grocery store about a year ago, its called Sour Salt in the kosher section. Its just pure powdered citric acid, so one could add that to any candy and turn it sour.

As a Chemist, let me make one thing clear. pH is concentration dependent. So, really, when they measured the pH of those candies, what is more important to know is how much candy they put into how much water. Without knowing that information, that info is pretty much irrelevant.

Out of curiosity, what field do you practice/work in? Would you happen to be in the food industry?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo