Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 12:31 Dev

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 02:07:
Question to the steam people!

Can I import save-games into my Steam version of Skyrim and if so, will I gain my overdue achievements?

The case is that I pirated Skyrim this first week because my game was on freaking backorder at cdwow.com.

Would love it if someone could answer this for me. I'm not a steam fan which is why I'm not experienced in it.

I've done something similar before with fallout 3, and it worked fine (importing saves from purchased cd version into my other purchased steam version). My saves in fallout from a long previous version worked fine with the latest version in steam. I don't think fallout 3 ever had patches invalidating previous saves, and I'm sure its the same for skyrim so far.

Achievements, probably not.

However, if you've rotated saves and have a lot of them, just load them up to just before achievement happened, and re-trigger it. I never cared much about achievements in fallout, but as I recall from forum posts one could even cheat right up to the point of the achievement, restart and reload the game and then trigger it and still get it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo