Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: On Minecraft Mod Support Nov 16, 2011, 12:55 Razumen

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:14:
Why is this a troll? He sold something that wasn't even a finished product and made millions off it. Now, what he considers a finished product (officially released), requires mods to be what it should have been.

It's not a troll. You're just upset that I disagree with your viewpoint.

He clearly says that they'll still be adding to the game post release, so although it might be 'officially' done, I doubt that they won't add anything new at all post release.

And any modder knows that charging for a mod is very much likely to kill the chances of anyone ever playing their mod, not to mention the backlash that would happen in the modding community and the very questionably legal status of even trying to do so.

What MC should be is whatever Notch wants it to be. I don't remember him promising any grand plans for the game and falling short of them. I really hate this sort of self-entitlement.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo