Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 21:49 Ray Marden

11.10 v.3 was a total nightmare on my system - the lighting was improved in Rage ahd the indoor framerate was increased, but the outside areas would start stuttering and I would only go 10 minutes or so until a crash.

I rolled back to 11.10 v.2 and Rage was fine except for the occasional flicker of a flag. Using the same drivers, Skyrim was relatively stable - only two crash to desktops in 18 hours of play.

Trying 11.11, the framerate is higher on both "High" and "Ultra" settings, though I have noticed spots here or there where, when quickly turning to face them, the shadows actually take a second to move into place (they start a few inches away and then roll into place,) but it has only happened in a few places.
AMD does seem to suck at drivers these days, though.
Edit: This is on a 6950-2GB.

Looovvviinnngg Skyrim (and thinking about how much Rage sucks,)
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo