Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: EA Forum Bans Still Earning Game Bans? Nov 14, 2011, 17:30 Agent.X7

ASeven wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 16:54:
Well, right at the start of their article they say this:

We are receiving information from a number of gamers who have received forum bans for a variety of reasons who are finding they’re unable to play Battlefield 3 (or indeed any other game tied into the EA user account), and worse, when they try to contact EA for help sorting this out, they are either ignored or told it’s tough. So what’s going on?

So maybe that's why they are putting so much weight in James' story, because they also have many more like his, judging from their second paragraph.

Do you know how many cheating bastards play BF3? I wouldn't doubt that you could find thousands of people who have had their accounts banned because of cheating in multiple games. And I sincerely doubt that any of them would actually man up and tell the truth about why they got banned. They'd all claim to be wronged by EA, even though they know they deserved it.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible that it happened just the way James says it did. I'm saying it's piss poor journalism to post what someone tells you in an email as fact with no proof. Oh, shit, gotta run, the aliens just landed on my roof! Please tell the Times and have them report it!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo