Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2011, 12:50 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 12:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 12:16:
Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 11:35:
So I think I'm going to finally replace my old 19" CRT. It's 8 or 9 years old now, has a permanent reddish tint, is getting fuzzy in some areas and has diagonal reddish lines somewhat visible in any black. I've hung on to it forever, as I swore by CRTs, but it's almost 2012. Time to move on.

Any suggestions? I was going to go with a Dell IPS but figure maybe I should grab two monitors right now, replace the LCD so I have a matching pair rather than two different monitors, and I don't feel like spending $600-$700 for two monitors. I'm thinking 2 23" TFTs for ~$150-$170 apiece.

I really like my Samsung 226BW S panel, but there are newer ones that they have. I also have an ASUS that is a 23 inch. I dno't know which right now, not at home, but it is a very nice monitor that I got for a great price.

I would go to NewEgg and Amazon, look at a couple, look around and get one that matches your price range with great reviews. The technology changes on them so fast - hard to tell you which one to get even if it is only 6 months old.

Yup, and it's tough to tell via Newegg and Amazon reviews. You'll have many with glowing reviews and no clear distinguishing characteristics, making it a crapshoot.

I'm using a pair of Samsung 245B's, and I'm happy with em... Also switched to LCD late (had my 19" KDS CRT for about a decade... still worked, but holy crap... 50 lbs... LAN Parties were a workout). Had some 21" Samsung LCD's prior to that too, but they eventually died (sure as shit didn't last 10 years)...

I waited so that the technology wasn't crap, and it worked out well... Very happy with the end results...

And honestly, I'm really only using the one now, one a monitor arm, because my iMac is also on the desk now, blocking the other one... Why a monitor arm? Makes it so I can sit more comfortably in my recliner : )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo