Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Nov 9, 2011, 20:33 Sepharo

Well the crashing on launch issue was easily solved by just starting Steam up as Administrator.

I cranked every setting the game had up and the graphics were obviously an improvement over the PS3 and ran very smoothly. But as with most console ports a lot of increase in fidelity just serves to highlight shortcomings, like buildings looking kind of blocky, jaggies even with 2x AA, and a slight bit of noticeable pop-in.

The settings provided seemed decent enough and keys were easily rebindable. There're also options to change the UI size and aim assist, so that's a nice PC touch. They've removed the option for realistic driving and the driving (using keyboard) seems much much easier than I remember. Shooting was comparable to PC versions of GTA.

I didn't see any GFMFWL and Rockstar's Social Club popped up but you can skip past it.

Overall everything went really smooth. I really didn't touch on any of the gameplay itself because the game has been out for 6 months, plenty of reviews dealing with that aspect. I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone who already has it for consoles and unless you understand the gameplay (not GTA in 40s) I probably wouldn't even recommend it to anyone who didn't know what they were getting into. But if you're a fan of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, or the Adventure genre you'll probably want to pick it up.

I've got a bunch of screenshots on my Steam account of the options, menus, and game graphics.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sepharo/screenshots/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo