Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 17:26 Ventura

The sad sad state that is gaming.. BF3 at least does something new and unique.. MW3 doesn't even try.. just the same again and again and again and again. And it sells like drugs

Huh? From where I'm looking, the reverse of that is actually true.

The Battlefield guys made BF3 pretty much multiplayer only in light of it having probably the worst, most consolised single player campaign ever. A pity, granted, because that Frostbite 2 engine is the one to beat. How you can make an engine that great and still fuck up the campaign so badly though, I'll never know, but they managed to pull it off.

If people want to criticise MW3 because it uses the same old engine, fair enough, you can do that. It might still look fine compared to most other shooters, but if it makes you feel better, that's cool. But you can't really complain about it not being unique, innovative, or revolutionary when it's BF3 you're comparing it to.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo