Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 21:06 MisterBenn

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 15:28:
PHJF wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 14:36:
"za" is a college term, and I've heard it in movies. "pie" is what an American stereotyping an Italian would say.

My a' my, look atta dat a' nice a' pizza pie!

Or what anyone living in a large Italian neighborhood would say. Is it stereotyping if they really do it? Everyone in my neighborhood calls them pies.

Do you mean Italian-American neighbourhood? Otherwise I wouldn't expect people from an Italian neighbourhood to use the English language!

The original pizza was the "italian" style - thin crust, fresh ingredients and eaten with knife and fork - and is the same to this day. I've eaten in Italy, Sicily and Sardinia and it hasn't changed. Italian restaurants in England still serve the same way too - it's not "elite" as someone mentioned earlier, Italian restaurant chains like Zizi and Prezzo in England serve that way too. Pizza Hut is much closer to fast food - not criticising, I've had way more than my share! The thicker base with crust to pick up is what we generalise as the "American" style (I know it's evolved and diversified away from that) and all frozen pizzas, supermarket pizzas, delivery pizzas and fast food here in England are of that style.

Oh, and I don't believe the term "pie" is used in relation to pizza anywhere in Europe!

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo