Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 12:45 saluk

space captain wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 10:52:
InBlack wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 09:31:
This is not complicated.

This really struck a chord with me.......and I have to say, I agree.

Me three...

yeh this is probably gonna sound offensive, which isnt my intent for saying this... but stupidity and paranoia is indeed, not complicated

its called the "lowest common denominator" and its why you will always find people to agree with those impulses

people seem to be very concerned with fears of robot overlords, without realizing how utterly robotic they already are in their own daily lives.. and maybe thats exactly why they are so afraid...

BTW - didnt know they cracked origin out of MP BF3, but if so thats great... if thats going to be a regular thing for MP games from now on, then awesome, live it up... im not afraid to admit when im wrong, because id rather keep an open mind - it doesnt scare me

Whether you personally care about privacy or not, you have it backwards. In a world where information controls everything, information is important. Being able to control where the information about you goes is as important as being able to control where your money goes. Just as you wouldn't want your money to just randomly start emptying from your account with no idea of where it is going, you shouldn't want your personal information to be siphoned off. While it's true that for the most part we don't actually live in that world, at the same time you can't take back any ground you yield. Those who take this stand are not stupid or paranoid. It's more about sticking up for yourself than being afraid. If you are willing to pay the price, so be it. But at least realize that you ARE paying something, in addition to that 60$ price tag.

Still, not really convinced what Origin is actually doing here. I know that a lot of anti-cheat systems do scans for known hacking tools etc. Valve anti-cheat does this. I have always hated this practice, but not quite enough to not play the games. It's possible that this is all that's going on here. If someone will do a network scan to see what data is actually going to EA, that would be helpful. That kind of analysis has helped put a stop to other privacy leaks before.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo