Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 10:05 theyarecomingforyou

I have Origin installed to a different directory and when I ran Process Monitor it was only accessing the folder to which it was installed - it wasn't accessing programs like Skype, as shown in the video. Still, Origin has got a long way to go at the moment and if it's to compete with Steam it will need to offer a better service and be beyond reproach when it comes to privacy and the likes. EA has built up a lot of much deserved bad will and farming personal data to sell on to advertisers - whether anonymous or not - is a very bad start.

This sort of shit pisses me off because my latest mobile number has received a lot of spam - from texts to phonecalls - and it pisses me off that these shitty advertising companies can so easily get hold of my personal information thanks to other shitty companies like EA.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo