Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

63. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage Nov 1, 2011, 03:10 Lord Tea

Jerykk wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 02:36:
I have the patience to wait for things that are revolutionary and I'll scratch Skyrim off my list if I have to.

So you don't really care about the gameplay? You only care if the graphics are revolutionary? I'm as PC elitist as anyone but that seems a bit silly. There are very few games that are as large and detailed as Bethesda's RPGs. How many games let you enter every building and steal everything that isn't bolted down?

On a side note: the lead SKU for Oblivion was the PC - development started long before the X360 was available. ref.

Emphasis on "was." As soon as Bethesda got their first X360 dev kits, they switched over. Development only began on PC because that was the closest thing to matching the X360's hardware. Same thing applies to the first-generation titles for the next generation of consoles. Development will begin on PC and then be switched over once MS/Sony start sending out dev kits.

of course I do care about gameplay. But imo especially on the PC a lot of emphasis should also be given to visuals because in contrast to consoles we're not dealing with a static platform in terms of hardware. On a big title like Skyrim I also care about graphics, and in 2011 satisfaction doesn't come with dated DX9 visuals. So yes, there's a good chance that I'll pass on Skyrim for now and, assuming that the gameplay is adequate, I might get it when its price has come down quite a bit.
To your last question: Have you ever played Ultima 6 back in the early 90s? Happy stealing

Well, if Bethesda really dumped the PC for the X360 as the lead platform then this only underscores how secondary PC gamers are for Mr. Howard and gang....

UPSA = United Police States of America

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo