Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

98. Re: Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology Oct 29, 2011, 14:40 Bhruic

I never figured you for one of the thin-skinned.

In general, I'm not.

I think we both can agree that stating an opinion on a web forum hardly qualifies as harassing, and most certainly will not destroy anyone's reputation or career the way special interest groups like GLAAD and their supporters make a habit of.

True, so I guess 1 out of 3 isn't bad. Of course, I didn't claim you'd been harrassing anyone, just browbeating and demonizing.

I have not followed the tried and tested thought police tactic of incessant escalation of demands and scorn-filled rhetoric for the express purpose of publicly humiliating someone who exercises their first amendment right until they capitulate.

You mean like GLAAD did in this case? Oh, wait, they didn't do anything like that at all.

I will say, however, that you do seem to have the "scorn-filled rhetoric for the express purpose of publicly humiliating someone who exercises their first amendment right" part down. What's funny about it is that you are preaching having a "thick skin", but then turn around and complain about GLAAD exercising their first amendment rights. So it's wrong to publicly humiliate racists and gay bashers, but it's ok to publicly humiliate minorities and gays?

Which was the original point, once again. What you are complaining about GLAAD doing is the same as what you are doing. The only difference being people don't actually give a damn if you call them out.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo