Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

208. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 28, 2011, 12:11 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 04:50:
Recently a friend of mine got fired from a decent job for being....straight....*I* *shit* *you* *not*.

Ok its not your typical job, he was working as an assistant to a clothing designer, she fired him because he made the models and others in the workplace feel "uncomfortable".

How's that for discrimination....

That doesn't sound like discrimination to me..

However, I don't have enough factual information about the situation, becuase you didn't offer enough (and likely don't have it)... What I can assume from the limited information, is that your friend was fired for staring/leering at women in the workplace... Am I right? Am I way off base? Who knows... There isn't enough information available, and I sure as shit don't take your (or anyone's) word for it : )

People bitch about unwanted results for all sorts of actions, that have NOTHING to do with the cause (some could argue this thread is all about that, but I won't : ).

I hate to bring up a WoW example, but I will : ) I constantly see threads all the time about people being kicked from a group for 'doing blah blah'... And yet, when you read their comment, they admit to being a total asshole to the group... But somehow, it's the 'blah blah' that they were kicked for? Why? Because people have to convince themselves they're not assholes, and that their actions are alright, to soothe their own ego's...

Short form; Don't be an asshole : )

/rant

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo