Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 13:50:
You do realize the hypocrisy here in not letting me be people, right?
And now go back and re-read what I wrote more slowly.

Also, where do people like you draw the line?
If he had said "The Alliance are a bunch of [n-word]s and we should kill them all!" would that have been ok to you?
What if he came out in blackface? Would that have been cool?
What if he came out and said "I can't wait for WoW to be on the Xbox. PC gamers are all virgins that are too fat to even touch themselves!" Would you guys have been ok with that?
Yes. Those are all fine, for a very obvious reason. If one segment of the population uses any of those with impunity all segments of the population should be able to use those with impunity. And various 'groups' do and have said things like that.

Probably not. So why is this different? Because you're not personally affected?

Also, it's hysterical how some morons turn this into religion or politics.
Don't worry when things fly over your head, speech is political these days. I live in a country with a 'hate crime' law, which criminalizes speech. And can be fined, and thrown into jail without due process by a kangeroo court that exists outside the normal courts thanks.

Yep. Moron indeed, some of us just happen to see what happens when political and special interest groups do when they criminalize speech.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo