Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Checklist Oct 25, 2011, 08:46 Verno

I unlocked after work yesterday and checked it out, Dice was mostly true to their word and a lot of stuff from beta was indeed fixed. Graphically it blows away the Call of Duty games, everything from the foliage to tracers and jets whooshing by looks incredible. The game is really motion blur heavy so be sure to turn that off. HBAO is a massive performance hit for very little gain, that is a safe disable as well. The sound design is excellent, I'm not going to say much about it but it's easily the games best feature.

Vehicles are very vulnerable, almost too vulnerable even. I could barely get airborne in jets without a lock on warning. Tanks are easily disabled, you really need an engineer along for the ride. Helicopters are surprisingly the most effective I've found given their ability to go vertical behind natural/man made cover.

The ground pounding is where things happen and things are fairly well balanced. Even on Normal servers every round is potentially lethal from most weapons, in fact its pretty rare that you get tagged and survive the engagement. I'm really not a fan of how they portray incoming fire, you see some blurry lines then you're dead. It might realistic but it's kind of annoying. As expected strategic camping is the most effective tactic for Conquest. Don't touch open roads and don't move without cover if you can help it.

The campaign is surprisingly ho-hum. Typical CoD style PUSH BUTAN TO DO ACTION stuff. I only played an hour but I couldn't get into the story at all. It reminded me of a tamer Modern Warfare 2 and that's not a favorable comparison considering how much I disliked MW2. If you buy this game I would do it for the MP which is excellent. My biggest lament is the inclusion of 3-4 CoD style meatgrinder maps in the multiplayer, the open maps are the real standouts and the rest seems like a literal nod to the console kids.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo