Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

75. Re: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Footage/Interview Oct 24, 2011, 16:04 Beamer

nin wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 15:56:
Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 15:44:
Arkham City? Underwhelming? How come?

Creston

As I told a friend earlier in email:
Too much shit going on at once. I have my main quest, I have the riddler "?"s to find. I have the payphones to answer, I have the bane sidequest, I have the random hostages, I have the AR missions, etc...it all litters the map, and instead of feeling like GTA (where you have 2-3 options at a time, mission wise), it feels like I'm being pulled in too many directions at once. This, combined with the crowded controller, and the fact that the city kinda all looks the same (you don't see the variety of zones like you did in the first one), and I think I liked Arkham Asylum better.

You forgot that you also have random conversations being picked up constantly. You don't go 3 seconds without having some conversation detected. Sometimes you just want a little piece and quiet, rather than hearing about someone trying to get Harley on the rebound for the 80th time.

The phones drive me nuts. I made the mistake of answering once, which sent me racing for another phone (which was marked on my HUD, but you do not have that HUD in detective mode for some baffling reason.) I landed with 15 or 20 seconds to spare, but the phone was on the opposite side of some junk. I couldn't get over there fast enough, as everything I thought I could climb I couldn't. Game over, as if I was the one dying instead of a hostage.
From that point out no more phones. That wasn't a fun side quest. But they keep ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing.

With AC being as dark as it is it can be difficult to tell what's a building you can grapple around and which are city limits you can't go near. Yeah, I know, they're covered in barbed wire, but when you're lower in the city and can't see that high suddenly your path just ends when you think you should keep swinging.

I think I complained about the crowded controller before, too, when I said you're kind of dropped in without a clue what's going on. Now that I've gotten the hang of combat again Medium is fairly easy and Hard would be better, with the exception of guns in situations that stealth isn't very valid (like most of the actual City.) But yeah, gadgets are such a hassle when it's in the middle of a battle.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo