Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 24, 2011, 11:41 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:58:
J wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 06:18:
Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?

Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers. That was the entire point I was discussing. So when you come in and say "I am a singleplayer gamer and like Steam" it gives me the impression there is something about Steam that appeals to you as a singleplayer gamer. I wanted to know what that was.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

The original point, which isn't so hard to find as it's on the very same page, was: "It's true though, for singleplayer gamers who don't care about social networking features Steam is really just a hassle."

To which I replied: "Personally, as a player who predominantly plays singleplayer and really doesn't care about social networking features, I like Steam. I don't see it as a hassle at all. I have more storage space and losing or damaging my games is no longer an issue. Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'd still prefer not to be tarred with the same brush."

So let's fast-forward to where we are now. I ask "Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?"

And you respond with "Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers."

So you're saying that I must like Steam for reasons besides the ones I already mentioned because your conversation was about why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers.

If anybody can explain that logic to me then I'd be very grateful. I read through the text but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

My original counter-point still stands: I don't see Steam as a hassle.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo