Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 19:40 Ventura

So, dedicated servers only for unranked. Ranked still uses IWnet.

Well, this one is easy enough. No buy. I believe CoD:BO may have been the last CoD title on the PC to sell in significant numbers.

An amusing comment considering BO was the last CoD title to have been released. The next one isn't out yet.

Were people actually expecting dedicated servers to be ranked? A group of players on a private dedicated ranked server could rank themselves up in next to no time if that was the objective. I'm no serious multiplayer gamer, but I'd have thought protecting the integrity of the ranking system would've been far more important.

Well, looking at Steam charts MW3 is surprisingly low compared to past CoD titles. I think PC gamers are finally getting fed up of the same reskinned game and same shitty treatment from Activision.

Actually, I've pre-ordered on the pc, but Australian Steam prices are a joke, it was over $35 cheaper for me to head down to a local store and pre-order a physical copy there.

Don't know what you mean about shitty treatment, either. Black Ops has been very well supported on the pc, and it's a disk that was packed full of things to do.

Granted, the BF3 trailers look amazing, including their most recent launch trailer. But they've had a slew of disappointing news updates of late, and coming from someone not really into multiplayer as much these days, I'll get far more from MW3's Spec Ops Survival mode than from anything they have.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo