Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 12:15 Jerykk

But Oblivion was an enormous best seller that is much beloved. In fairness Skyrim should follow in its footsteps. It featured poor RPG mechanics. Why should Skyrim feature good RPG mechanics? It isn't a traditional RPG, it's an action/adventure with RPG elements.

This. After Oblivion, I've pretty much given up on Elder Scrolls as an RPG series. However, that doesn't stop me from enjoying it as an open-world action/adventure series that gives you tons of stuff to do.

It's fine for him to be *WRONG* about stuff, like saying ME2 isn't an RPG. If ME1 is an RPG then ME2 is as well.

I'm pretty sure neither game qualifies as an RPG, given the total lack of meaningful choice. You can't sneak or talk your way through the game, your moral choices are conveniently color-coded and thus far, haven't had any meaningful consequence. The ME games are shooters first and foremost, with a light sprinkling of RPG elements to add flavor.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo