Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 11, 2011, 03:45 peteham

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 12:48:
If it's simple coop where your friends can control your allies, but are tethered to the main player, it should be fine and fun. But if they actually tried to make a competitive multiplayer mode... yikes.

From http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8481789/1

Which characters can I play in co-op multiplayer? Can I play as Commander Shepard?

Commander Shepard’s part in the war will take place in the single-player campaign, as will that of other beloved characters in the franchise such as Garrus, Ashley, and Liara…these characters do not appear in the multiplayer missions. In multiplayer, players will create custom characters to fight on different and unique fronts in the war. This will include the ability to play as favorites like Turians, Krogans, Asari and more… each with their own unique set of abilities.
So it looks as if this coop stuff will be a completely detached affair.. I'm mostly fine with that to be honest. At least it lends some credibility to their claims that MP didn't affect SP (as there's no way in hell you can integrate co-op into the SP missions without making some concessions, it would among other things rule out any solo missions like the Arrival DLC).. But I don't really care how they spin it: Even though a completely separate team built the MP like they claim, it's still time and effort that could've been spent improving the SP campaign instead.

Not to say that these co-op missions won't provide a bit of fun, but ultimately I think they're mostly going for that extra bullet-point on the back of the box..

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo