Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 15:36 eunichron

Tumbler wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 13:25:
Will be interesting to see what people have to say about the caspian map. Hopefully there will be some kind words.

I got to play it for a few hours when it was under limited testing... and it was pretty amazing. The map itself was a decent size, I'd probably place it between one of the medium and large maps in BF2, slightly smaller than the largest maps in BFBC2. This at least made it large enough that vehicle travel was a big benefit, but you weren't SOL if you had to hump it across the map, and with 64 players there wasn't too many lulls in the battle. The vehicle balance needed a little tweaking, they actually seemed a little underpowered. One Engineer could take out a tank alone with ease. Helicopters were shot down almost immediately after take-off without any countermeasures. Hopefully they can beef them up a little bit (or speed up the vehicle unlocks) to bring back the need for teamwork to bring down vehicles.

But overall I think all the beta naysayers will change their tune when they get a chance to play Caspian... it is definitely a classic BF map.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo