Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: By Far The Best id Game To Date Oct 4, 2011, 23:21 Creston

Hump wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:24:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:46:
Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:24:
You're not impressed by Megatextures then?

Like I said, I'm playing it right now on a card that's not really made for gaming (Quadro FX4800), but the textures are truly just horrible. They're the most low-res pieces of crap I've seen in a game in over a decade. It looks 10000 times worse than all the screenshots we've seen so far.

If that's the flipside of Megatexture technology, then I hope they set it on fucking fire.

caveat: I still need to play it on my 5850, where it may look better. I sure as fuck hope so, because this game right now is just dirt fucking ugly. Borderlands looks better. I'm not joking.

Creston

Creston, I havent played it yet but from everyone I've talked says its one of the best looking games they've played this year. I do know that they did a similar trick that Epic does in Gears where inconsequential areas and items get some pretty low res textures while the main stuff gets all the gloss.

Have you tried different drivers?

I tried it on my game rig and the difference is night and day. There are still ridiculously low res textures in it (like literally 4x4 size textures) that are apparently imported straight from Doom, but overall it's MUCH sharper and better looking.

I've posted a much more detailed second look in the big Rage thread.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo