Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Oct 3, 2011, 15:16 MrRadicalEd

Darks wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 11:32:
MrRadicalEd wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 09:17:
"hells yeah" ?

Well I am starting to be turned off the more I see this. I love the visuals and many other elements, but the pacing is off for my taste. Not every encounter has to be a batch of aliens after you.

So far from what I've seen, it is a roller coaster ride filled with aliens being tossed at you. As I recall from the original movie, the space marines seem to be thwarted with just as many situational problems as alien encounters.

Apparently you dont know anything about the Aliens movie. Every encounter was a batch of Aliens encountering the Marines. You forget this game is modeled after the movie. The slogan in the original movie trailers back in the day stated. "This time its War That means shit loads of Alien hordes attacking you relentlessly. This is Aliens 2.5 not Aliens 1, get with it dude.
  • "This Time It's War" is based upon the Vietnam War motif. There was never a relentless attack, but a cat and mouse chase with hazards along the way. Poop never hit the fan till the nest was disturbed

• And BTW, did you not follow that both Starships crashed on the planet and the Marines are now faced with trying to survive until help can reach them? Id say thats pretty dramactic in terms of facing hordes of Alien attacks and figuring out how your going to survive there.
  • The environment you describe is a setting for the game. It is only going to be as dramatic as the level of interaction between the play and level. Rather than "room, shoot, room shoot", it would have been more interesting, game design wise, for each situation a player encounters to be a real purpose or problem to solve. Then the concept of pacing becomes a compliment.

• I realize this is only a taste of an early level; however, the amount of scripted events and "gallery shooting" reminds me of Virtua Cop, and I can only hope for one of my friends to get crippled by alien blood so I can be forced to slow down to help him out.

Subject

Optional
    Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo