Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 17:34 Matshock

Hump wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 16:27:
IMO using betas as a perk for pre-orders is a mistake that ends up doing exactly what its doing now, making people feel entitled to act like whining babies. I didnt enjoy the game as it is in beta so I am not going to play until its released because this beta is already coloring my opinion.

Ding Ding Ding.

The problem is that if the situation is anything like BC2 then the "beta test" isn't the actual release candidate. They're just using willing participants to iron out things like Battlelog that can't be meaningfully tested in house.

It does have the side effect of making the game look like shit though, which from other play test vids we know isn't the case.

IMO the only worse new marketing idea than "'beta' as a bonus" is "ARG for an early release".

I got on board for ~$48.00. This one and Batman AC are the only titles that are holding my interest this season. I expect BF3 will be fine and this way I don't have to pay extra for Karkand.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo